Greetings, RELATE participants!
We look forward to meeting you in person in Boulder, Colorado! We have found the program immensely rewarding so far; it has been truly inspiring to be in dialogue with each other and with you. Getting together for LIVE training will be very helpful in furthering what we’ve accomplished so far, and we anticipate a dynamic, engaging, full weekend of working closely together. We will be going deep into the bones of relationship therapy, discussing some of the most challenging topics that come up in the therapy room: staying in love, modern intimacy, and power dynamics.
Just a reminder, as a RELATE program participant, tuition for this special event is free (you only need to pay a nominal $87 hotel facilities fee, which includes 2 meals). Also, you get to bring a friend with you to this event for a $400 discount. Reserve your spot today!
We look forward to meeting as many of you as possible and learning how to RELATE in person!
Esther Perel & Terry Real
P.S. We understand that not everyone will be able to make it to the event, so you will be able to join us via LIVE streaming from anywhere in the world. We will also add recordings of the event to the membership site.
This two-day hands-on training workshop
is specifically designed for relationship therapists, coaches, and professionals. Combining lectures, clinical video vignettes, and experiential exercises, we will address clinical dilemmas in the areas of trauma, love, sex and power; and show how to interventions in the crisis of infidelity and how to move forward as well as how to navigate transparency, privacy and secrecy in couples and individual therapy.
Together, we bring a combined experience of over 50 years of relationship therapy, including 20+ years teaching.
The training will focus on the therapeutic process itself. With an eye to the existential, clinical and ethical aspects, we will focus on how our assumptions, values and personal experiences influence our therapeutic work. We'll explore:
- How to bring our full selves into the relationship?
- What actually heals; how does it work?
- Things most therapy could do better
- The art of loving truthfulness
- How to create new narratives through challenge and compassion, and how to shift from hopelessness to hope and change
You will explore in-depth topics including:
- Shifting relationships from blame, rigidity and distance to closeness, spontaneity and passion
- The therapist’s clinical choice points: How do love, sex, and power feature in our assessment and treatment of a couple?
- Sexual regeneration as a means of transforming the relationship
- Helping to empower the disenfranchised while melting the hearts of the grandiose
- How to help couples unlock sexual blocks, take emotional risks, and enhance their sexual and emotional intimacy
- How to address early childhood trauma to unlock current impasses.
- How to do individual therapy individual in the presence of one's partner, while also doing couple’s work in the absence of the partner.
- The connection between attachment styles—expectations, conflicts and disillusionment with intimate connections
- How to demonstrate a three-stage model for working with couples in the wake of an affair
At the end of this workshop, you will leave with renewed energy, clarity, and confidence as you take part in a larger conversation on modern relationships and join an engaged community of practitioners.
RELATE Program Member Bonus: Bring a Friend to the RELATE Event
Regular Event Price $697
Bring a friend for $297
Please note there is an additional $87 facilities fee for the event. This includes two catered lunches, room discount at the Millennium Hotel (rooms start at $119 per night) with free wifi.
As a RELATE Program Member, there is no tuition ($697 savings).
There is a $87 facilities fee for the event. This includes two catered lunches (all gratuities and taxed included), plus free wifi.