March 3-4, Boulder, C0 - Millennium Hotel
This two-day hands-on training workshop is specifically built for therapists working with individuals and couples. Combining lecture, clinical video vignettes and experiential exercises we will show how we work with clinical dilemmas and interventions on trauma, love, sex and power; infidelity and how to move forward; navigating transparency/privacy and secrecy in couples and individual therapy.
You will explore in depth topics like:
- Shifting relationships from blame, rigidity and distance to closeness, spontaneity and passion
- The therapist’s clinical choice points: How do love, sex, and power feature in our assessment and treatment of a couple?
- Sexual regeneration as a means of transforming the relationship
- Helping to empower the disenfranchised while melting the hearts of the grandiose
- How to help couples unlock sexual blocks, take emotional risks, and enhance their sexual and emotional intimacy.
- Addressing early childhood trauma issues and focusing on each individual in the presence of their partner, while also and doing couple’s work in the absence of the partner.
- The connection between attachment styles—expectations, conflicts and disillusionment with intimate connections
- How to demonstrate a three-stage model for working with couples in the wake of an affair
The training will focus on the therapeutic process itself. With an eye on the existential, clinical and ethical aspects, we will focus on how our assumptions, values and personal experiences influence our therapeutic work. We'll explore:
- How do we bring our full selves into the relationship?
- What actually heals; how does it work?
- What most therapy could do better and the art of loving truthfulness
- Creating new narratives through challenge and compassion, and shifting from hopelessness to hope and change
At the end of this workshop, you will leave with renewed energy, clarity, and confidence as you take part in a larger conversation on modern relationships and join an engaged community of practitioners.
Please note there is a $127 facilities fee for the event. This includes two catered lunches, room discount at the Millennium Hotel (rooms start at $119 per night) plus free wifi.
RELATE Live Event Video
[8+ Hours of Downloadable Videos]
Just in case you cannot make the event for any reason, we will be recording the event and will upload the training directly to the membership site. This is an additional ~12+ hours of training.
16 Continuing Education Credits
Approved for 30 Continuing Education Credits co-sponsored by Commonwealth Education Seminars and R. Cassidy Seminars. Professions include: Marriage and Family Therapists, Nurses, Social Workers, Psychologists and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors, Certified Professional Counselors, Licensed Professional Counselors, Associate Professional Counselors, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors).
More information here.